October 31st from 4-7pm
The following guidelines are RECOMMENDED from
the Town of Wakefield & Parks & Recreation Department for trick-or-treating:
* Travel in family groups only.
* Maintain at least a 6-foot distance between groups.
* Wear face coverings (standard Halloween masks typically have a mouth and nose hole).
* No direct trick-or-treating candy exchange (physical distance must be maintained; see some alternatives for handing out candy below).
* Do not trick or treat at homes that do not have a porch light on.
* Practice frequent hand cleaning. Carry hand sanitizer with you.
Those who wish to hand out treats should set up physically distanced candy distribution methods outside. These distribution points should be cleaned regularly throughout the hours of trick or treat. Potential ideas for distributing candy include:
* Using a table and bowl on a porch that can be refilled between visitors.
* Setting up a driveway distribution point, such as a table, that allows households to participate but from a minimum of a six-foot distance.
* A candy slide or zip line. Use your creativity
* Pre-package the candy so trick or treaters hands are not touching all of the candy while “grabbing” in a bowl to chose what they want. Just grab a bag and go