This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
10th Annual Benefit Derby!!!
Saturday, February 17th
*Great East Lake
*Pine River Pond
Weigh-In will be at Parks & Rec until 4pm sharp!
132 Meadow Street, Sanbornville
Adults 16 & up $15
Children 15 & Under $5
Heaviest fish in the following categories:
*Rainbow Trout-15” Minimum
2018 Ice Fishing Derby Rules
1. All anglers must comply with NH Fish & Game laws.
2. The registered ticket holder must legally and freshly catch fish from Pine River Pond, Lovell Lake , Great East Lake, or Balch Lake only.
3. A registration ticket and valid NH fishing license will be required for identification when entering fish and claiming prizes.
4. Weight at time of entry determines the winner. In the case of a tie, length shall be the determining factor. Girth will be the final tie breaker.
5. Entered fish become the property of the Derby. You may pick up your fish after the prizes have been handed out. Derby officials are not responsible for condition of fish when returned.
6. Fish are to be entered free of snow, ice, hooks, line, weights, etc. Derby officials reserve the right to open any fish.
7. Fish registration begins at 8am. Dead-line for fish registration is 4pm sharp.
8. Wakefield Parks & Recreation, the Town of Wakefield, and Derby Officials are not liable for any injury or loss of life or property. All anglers are responsible for their own safety and knowledge of their surroundings.
9. Littering or the pollution of any of NH lakes is against the law. Please keep America clean! Carry off what you carry on!
10. ALL PARTICIPANTS HEREBY ACCEPT THESE RULES. IN THE INTERPRETATION OF RULES AND THE SETTLEMENT OF DISPUTES, THE DECISION ON THE DERBY OFFICIALS SHALL BE FINAL AND BINDING.
The Wakefield Parks & Recreation Department recommends that you do not drive your car or truck on any body of water.
Please take note of the size of fish you are registering. If yours isn’t close to the size on board please don’t ask us to weigh it in. We get very busy with last minute
Registration available @ Parks and Rec or download the form and mail it in! 2 High Street, Sanbornville NH 03872
Please do not park at Poor People's Pub or across the street from Poor People's Pub. For Lovell Lake, there is parking at the Town Beach and just south of the Public Safety Building there is a small area. In the past there has been a plowed area on Lovell Lake off of Rt. 109. Not sure if that will be available this year. There is some parking off of Great East Lake at the Public Boat Launch in Acton Maine as well weeks Beach at 138 North Shore Drive in Wakefield. It will be a difficult time this year depending on snow conditions
Additional Forms and Files: